Biology Practicals Class 12
Gametogenesis in Mammalian Testis and Ovary
- Perform science experiments at your fingertips
- Learn anytime and from anywhere
- 3D gamified way of advanced learning
- Boost your academic score
- Accessible through Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, and Tablet
- Gain a competitive edge in IIT and NEET exams
- In this experiment of gametogenesis class 12, you understand the prominent structure of seminiferous tubules through the transverse section of mammalian testes.
- You will learn about the discrete stages of mammalian male gamete- sperm in spermatogenesis.
- You will understand the important structure of the ovary through the transverse section of the mammalian ovary.
- You will explore various stages of mammalian female gamete- ovum in oogenesis.
- At the end of this experiment, you will understand the difference between spermatogenesis and oogenesis
- This interaction creates a very realistic environment and gives you a real-life experience.
- Every step of the biology experiment, including setting up the experimental setup, dissecting the specimen, demonstrating the models, making permanent slides, and many more, is very interactive and has been simulated in a way that is very similar to what you would do in a real biology lab.
Gametogenesis, the process of gamete formation, involves meiotic cell division. Gamete formation in males and females takes place in their gonads, i.e.testis and ovary, respectively.
Oogenesis is the gametogenic development of female gamete, i.e. ovum in ovaries, whereas Spermatogenesis is the gametogenic development of the male gamete, i.e. sperm in testis. Spermatogenesis and oogenesis include various spermatogenesis stages and oogenesis stages, respectively.
The process of transformation of an immature spermatid to a motile and functional sperm is termed as spermiogenesis. Sperm is the male gamete produced in the testis, which fuses with the ovum to form a fertilized zygote. Ovum is the female gamete released during ovulation (once a month) that later on is fertilized by the sperm and forms the fertilized zygote.
The gametes in gametogenesis are produced through meiotic division.
Check all science experiments.
Watch this video to learn more about SimuLab.
Requirements for this Science Experiment
⦁ Permanent slide ⦁ Chart/ Model of T.S. of testis and ovary ⦁ Compound microscope ⦁ Lens cleaning fluid ⦁ Lint-free paper