Biology Practicals Class 12
- Perform science experiments at your fingertips
- Learn anytime and from anywhere
- 3D gamified way of advanced learning
- Boost your academic score
- Accessible through Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, and Tablet
- Gain a competitive edge in IIT and NEET exams
- In this virtual lab simulation, you will learn about earthworm dissection and the anatomy of earthworms through virtual dissection.
- You will learn how to use the dissection tools.
- This biology practical aims to help you to study the anatomy of earthworms, identify the external and internal organs and label them accurately.
- This earthworm dissection experiment creates a very realistic environment and gives you a real-life experience.
- Every step of the virtual lab biology experiment, including setting up the experimental setup, dissecting the specimen, demonstrating the models, making permanent slides, and many more, is very interactive and has been simulated in a way that is extremely identical to what you would do in a real lab.
Earthworms make excellent models for teaching fundamental anatomy and studying simple organ systems. An earthworm is a segmented worm and a member of the Phylum Annelida, which includes terrestrial invertebrates. They often live in damp soil and eat organic debris.
Farmers often refer to earthworms as their friends. This is so because worm casting, or fecal deposit, boosts soil fertility, and burrowing aids in adequate soil aeration. India is home to the earthworm species Pheretima and Lumbricus.
Despite their simplicity, the digestive, circulatory, reproductive, and neurological systems of these annelids, or segmented worms, are well-developed and easy to recognize.
Earthworms do not have eyes or ears but they have a mouth and are sensitive to heat, light, and touch. This adaptation is important for the survival of the earthworm. They play an important role in soil ecology and are a source of food for many animals. There is a huge amount of worms present in soil all around the world.
Check all science experiments.
Watch this video to learn more about SimuLab.
Requirements for this Science Experiment
⦁ Preserved Earthworm ⦁ Dissection Pan ⦁ Scalpel ⦁ Forceps ⦁ Scissors ⦁ Dissecting Pins