Biology Practicals Class 12
A Journey into the Anatomy of Cockroach
- Perform science experiments at your fingertips
- Learn anytime and from anywhere
- 3D gamified way of advanced learning
- Boost your academic score
- Accessible through Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, and Tablet
- Gain a competitive edge in IIT and NEET exams
- In this virtual lab simulation, you will learn the dissection of cockroach and the anatomy of cockroach.
- You will learn how to use the dissection tools through virtual dissection.
- This biology practical aims to help you identify cockroaches' external and internal organs and label them accurately.
- In this dissection of cockroach experiment, the simulations and interaction create a realistic environment and give you a real-life experience.
- Every step of this biology experiment in the virtual lab, including setting up the experimental setup, dissecting the specimen, demonstrating the models, making permanent slides, and many more, is very interactive and has been simulated in a way that is identical to what you would do in a real lab.
Approximately 4000 known species of cockroaches exist, but human beings only interact with about 30 of them. Cockroaches are generally not keen on making close contact with human beings and only stay near human habitats when insufficient food resources are lacking. It is an omnivorous animal and feeds on decaying matter. These cockroaches are everywhere and are found in areas with darkness, warmth, moisture, and an abundance of organic debris. Therefore, it is often considered as dirty or unhygienic.
Study of anatomy of cockroach shows that every cockroach has eyes, a mouth, salivary glands, antennae, a brain, a heart, a colon, a reproductive system, mid-guts, legs, an esophagus, a gastric caeca, fat bodies, and malpighian tubules. Most species are nocturnal except for the oriental cockroach variety, which is attracted to light. They are cursorial insects. Due to its small size and abundance, cockroaches are prey for numerous predators worldwide, including birds, spiders, small mammals, and reptiles.
Check all science experiments.
Watch this video to learn more about SimuLab.
Requirements for this Science Experiment
⦁ Preserved Cockroach ⦁ Dissection tray ⦁ Scalpel ⦁ Forceps ⦁ Scissors ⦁ Dissecting Pins